Monday, September 3, 2012

Working on the First Game!


So, this week was a little less intense as compared to the last one. That is mostly because I am getting more comfortable with this city, my studies and most importantly with food :D I am learning amazing things about Gaming in my classes. I am loving what I am doing right now-Gaming !
  
   We all have been working on the Game and trying to create what we want to. As predicted, things aren't that smooth with this SDK and this language. Zeph is currently working on the artwork. Kiran is working on the artwork that Zeph has created, trying to bring animation out of that. Jon and I, are working on the the game mechanics, trying on making the prototype more game-like and playable.
   
   Currently, I am working on one part of the game- bees . The bees are supposed to fly in random direction and with uniform speed. Doing all of this takes patience as you need to do a lot of dry runs to get what you really want. So, one of the biggest problems I am facing right now is that when i work on my task I get a lot of different outputs at first, all of which feels right- this is a big big problem when engineers are a part of the deigning team, that they try to alter the game concepts because in the process of developing the game they initially come across variants of output, one of which they think is the best for the game. In such case, the game might keep evolving and no final or fixed result will ever be achieved (Risky).  
     
   But I am coming over this problem with a simple rule. A simple rule for myself? What am I? insane or something? But trust me it helps. RULE - Engineers should not be allowed to mess with the game design which is decided by the design team! Only when what was decided is achieved should the Design team meet again and try to figure out if the developed game/feature is better  than the one with the changes suggested by the Engineers.
    
   The coming week is the last week, by the end of which we have to complete our prototype and have to present it to the Client. I am excited about the next coming weeks when we get to play our own game and get to do some testing on it. I am looking forward to completing this prototype in the best possible way.  

No comments:

Post a Comment