Thursday, March 14, 2013

Spring Break means more Brainstorming!


I have been playing Co-signers for a long time with Vaibhav. Over this spring break we are brainstorming over new game ideas and trying to include cool mechanics and weapons. As it is the spring break I have a lot of time to complete my classwork backlog and play cool games, that includes Co-signers.
 
  While playing the game I couldn't resist but compare the thief side to Erie. Erie is so beautiful and that mechanic of spraying the wall to draw cool stuff and to remember directions is my personal favorite mechanic. I want The Co-signers to go similar lines and include some cool mechanics and gadgets for the Pointman. To start with maybe we can add cookies to the pointman side. The pointman can place a cookie near a guard which will attract the guard and by eating it the guard will go to sleep for 1 minute or so. Another thought is that the Pointman should have some control over the hacker like, after pointman should give the hacker some puzzles to solve. Or the hacker can't unlock the nodes further because he is asked for password at a node which only the pointman can give after reaching a certain room or making a guard sleep and then steal from him.

 I couldn't think much on the hacker side. It's because a 2D interface is new to me and designing a game based on that is novel to me. But the hacker side can get more gadgets or tools too on his side. Like, power to lock doors to safe the Pointman from the guards.

 I am not a designer but I can design and I love to think about the design of games.

No comments:

Post a Comment