Saturday, February 16, 2013

Graphics Assignment 4

This assignment was a nightmare. Like Seriously. But, when I was done with it I felt it was not that big of a deal. A mistake of updating all the meshes together and then drawing it together which messed up my cubes made it worse for me.

  Frankly it took me around more than 20 hours total to complete this one. First, I started creating  Parsers for the four files Effect, Material, Entity and scene. Then, I started structuring the code. I partitioned the code of renderer into cEffect which consists of the shaders and the related data. Everything related to vertex and index buffer is in cMesh.

My controls for camera are still the same, it's WASD for up, left, down, right respectively. My controls for light are still the same, it's IJKL for up, left, down, right respectively.   My controls for moving mesh are still the same, it's Num8,4,2,6 for up, left, down, right respectively.   


 I have added camera position and light details into the scene file. Other than all this, I have nothing new to write about. The major part I felt that I did was structuring and parsing. Setting Zbuffer and clearing it every draw call was something new.

PIX screenshot:




No comments:

Post a Comment